|It is planned to have a 4-days course and a 1-day workshop, both with experts in the field of ecology. |
The course will include theoretical lessons and practical exercises in the field and in the lab with microscopes.
2) Taxonomy (= Identification)
3) Application – how to couple with ecotoxicology
- 1st day- Field work: implementing the accurate collection and data measurement in the field. Sample digestion and mounting.
- 2nd day- morning- Introduction to diatom taxonomy and ecology; afternoon: - Diatom identification
- 3rd day- Diatom identification & counting
- 4th day- Data interpretation- Discussion of the data
- 5th day- Workshop