If the contents are not translated, you can use the automatic translator

Mobilitat i intercanvi

EU Students - Residence card and Visa


Oficina de Relacions Exteriors
Mòdul 20
Campus Montilivi Mapa
17003 Girona

Raquel Solà
Tel. 972 418 028



New opening hours for public: from Mon to Fri.: from 12 to 14 h.

EU Students - Residence card and Visa



If you are a citizen of a member state of the European Union or of the European Economic Area (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), you do not need a visa or any other previously obtained documentation. A valid passport or identity card allows you to enter Spain.


Once in Girona

It is not necessary to apply for a residence permit. The only documents necessary are a passport and/or identity card.


It's compulsory to go to the Foreign Office (Oficina de Extranjería en Girona) and apply for the Certificado de Registro de Ciudadanos de la Unión in order to register your stay in Spain in the Central Registry of Foreigners during the three months after your arrival. You´ll get also a NIE number .



For Further information and the application form, can be found in the following link.