This Project will promote education and knowledge in pig production, diseases and native breed recovery among others. The focus will be at all levels: government, productive sector (private and commercial),University staff (management, administrative and academic staff) and students. The new generation of students will ensure the development of pig production in these countries and contribute to the the eradication of endemic diseases as CSF and the recovery of the native breeds.
The Project will contribute to the following expected results:
• Development of courses for a Master Program in pig production and food security in four Universities of the Caribbean.
• Increased inter-institutional networking between HEIs in the ACP and with EU (European Union) HEIs, including institutions oﬀering teacher training, degrees and diplomas contributing to regional solutions to teacher shortages.
• Upgraded qualiﬁcations of academic staff of ACP HEIs.
• Improved institutional frameworks to pursue academic programmes and academic excellence in ACP HEIs.
• Increased mobility of postgraduate students and teaching staff through the provision of joint programmes.
In the scientiﬁc ﬁeld, this Project will contribute:
• To help to the Continental Plan for the Eradication of CSF in the Americas increasing the knowledge on CSF and its eradication at all levels (government,productive sector, universities).
• To help on the recovery of the native pig breed (creole pig).