XV International Summer School on the Environment ISSE2015
Concepts, methodologies and instruments for research and applied use
Girona - 2 & 3 October, 2015
The study of ecosystem services opens
the door to the encounter of the science
of ecology with the economy. The
methodologies and instruments for its
application, reveal the potential and
controversies of this new discipline,
against the challenge of planetary
Ecosystem services assessment and operationalization are fields in expansion, within the aim of sustainable planning and management of natural resources and territories. In a context of multiple interests and pressures over urban, rural and natural ecosystems, ecosystem services methods and tools deliver suitable ground for negotiation and agreement. In Catalonia, measurement, valuation and payment for ecosystem services are rarely explored and much less practiced.
Hence, the XV International Summer School on Environment, annually organized by the Environment Institute of UdG, provides an internationally-based advanced training offer on ecosystem services, appropriate for students, researchers, professionals and managers.
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE :
- The XV ISSE's organizing committee is formed by:
- PhD Mita Castañer Vivas - Permanent Lecturer of the Geography Department - UdG
- PhD Josep Vila Subirós - Director of the Environment Institute - UdG
- PhD Sergi Nuss Girona - Research collaborator of the Environment Institute - UdG
- PhD Candidate Emma Soy Massoni - Training researcher for the Landscape Analysis and Management Laboratory - UdG
"Supported by a grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Financial Mechanism. Operated by Universidad Complutense de Madrid"