ICREA/COMPLEX SYSTEMS LAB
Created by the University of Girona research committee on 22 Sept 2006.
Funded by ICREA, the European Union, the Ministry of Science, and the Generalitat de Catalunya.
Research on applications of Physics models to interdisciplinary phenomena.
The Neolithic transition. Population dispersal (demic diffusion) versus acculturation (cultural diffusion).
- Evolution of cultural diversity. Dynamics of cultural and linguistic diversity in human range expansions.
- Linguistic evolution. Language competition models. Spread rate of language substitution fronts.
- Virus infections. Speed of virus infections in cell populations.
- Cancer tumor models. Spatial dynamics of gliomas (brain tumors). Viral therapies of gliomas.
- Combustion flames. Speed and instability of flames and fires.