Departament de Ciències Ambientals

Recull de notícies

Cerca de notícies

Recull de notícies

Publicacions

Nature Ecology and Evolution
Global hotspots and correlates of alien species richness across taxonomic groups
Human-mediated transport beyond biogeographic barriers has led to the introduction and establishment of alien species in new regions worldwide. However, we lack a global picture of established alien species richness for multiple taxonomic groups.
26/06/2017
RecercaPublicacions
Rubio-Gracia STOTEN
Combined effects of hydrologic alteration and cyprinid fish in mediating biogeochemical processes in a Mediterranean stream
Flow regimes are important drivers of both stream community and biogeochemical processes. However, the interplay between community and biogeochemical responses under different flow regimes in streams is less understood.
LLibre d'Abstracts de les I Jornades d'Investigadors Predoctorals
Presentació del llibre d'abstracts de les Jornades, ja disponible en format electrònic
llibre
Publicació del llibre “La pesca artesanal al Cap de Creus: una mirada al futur”
El Parc Natural de Cap de Creus acaba de publicar el llibre “La pesca artesanal al Cap de Creus: una mirada al futur”, escrit per la Dra. Sílvia Gómez (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona) i el Dr. Josep Lloret (Institut d’Ecologia Aquàtica, UdG) i ha estat cofinançat pel Consell Social de la UdG.
02/05/2017
RecercaPublicacions
Environmental Science and Pollution Research
Examining predictors of chemical toxicity in freshwater fish using the random forest technique
Chemical pollution is one of the main issues globally threatening the enormous biodiversity of freshwater ecosystems. The toxicity of substances depends on many factors such as the chemical itself, the species affected, environmental conditions, exposure duration, and concentration.
06/03/2017
RecercaPublicacions
Red ICTIOS
Bibliografia en castellà sobre gestió de la pesca continental
Uno de los objetivos de la Red de Excelencia ICTIOS es reducir la distancia entre ictiólogos, gestores ambientales y público en general y ayudar a la transferencia de los resultados de la investigación en peces continentales.
08/02/2017
RecercaSocietatPublicacions
Capraia Island, Tuscan Archipelago, photo Lisandro Benedetti-Cecchi
Geographic distance, water circulation and environmental conditions shape the biodiversity of Mediterranean rocky coasts
Ecological connectivity is important for effective marine planning and biodiversity conservation. Our aim was to identify factors important in influencing variation in benthic community structure on shallow rocky reefs in 2 regions of the Mediterranean Sea with contrasting oceanographic regimes.
07/02/2017
RecercaPublicacions
Royal Soc Open Sci
Body reserves mediate trade-offs between life-history traits: new insights from small pelagic fish reproduction
Limited resources in the environment prevent individuals from simultaneously maximizing all life-history traits, resulting in trade-offs. In particular, the cost of reproduction is well known to negatively affect energy investment in growth and maintenance.
07/02/2017
RecercaPublicacions
Tercer informe sobre el canvi climàtic a Catalunya
Tercer informe sobre el canvi climàtic a Catalunya
La biodiversitat dels sistemes aquàtics continentals pot ser afectada pel canvi climàtic. Els ecosistemes aquàtics mediterranis presenten una diversitat elevada de fauna i flora, i per bé que la biota s’ha adaptat als canvis hidrològics extrems, l’increment d’aquests pot posar-la al límit de la capacitat de resiliència.
31/01/2017
SocietatPublicacions
BioScience
Non-native fish to control Aedes mosquitoes: a controversial, harmful tool
Zika, chikungunya, yellow fever, and dengue are mainly transmitted to humans through Aedes mosquitoes. In attempts to control these diseases, governments and the public have encouraged the use of fish predators to control mosquito populations.
22/12/2016
Global Change Biology
Global meta-analysis of native and nonindigenous trophic traits in aquatic ecosystems
Ecologists have recently devoted their attention to the study of species traits and their role in the establishment and spread of nonindigenous species (NIS). However, research efforts have mostly focused on studies of terrestrial taxa, with lesser attention being dedicated to aquatic species.
29/10/2016
RecercaPublicacions
Peixos continentals de Catalunya
NOU LLIBRE: "Peixos continentals de Catalunya: Ecologia, conservació i guia d'identificació"
Aparicio E., C. Alcaraz, G. Carmona-Catot, E. García-Berthou, Q. Pou-Rovira, R. Rocaspana, M.J. Vargas & D. Vinyoles. 2016. Peixos continentals de Catalunya. Ecologia, conservació i guia d'identificació. Lynx Edicions, Barcelona. 251 p.

http://www.lynxeds.com/product/peixos-continentals-catalunya
30/09/2016
Freshwater Biology
Influence of grazing on triclosan toxicity to stream periphyton
Interactions between emerging contaminants and other drivers of community structure and function are poorly known. We used laboratory microcosms to investigate the single and combined effects of grazing and triclosan toxicity on the structure and function of stream periphyton.
26/09/2016
RecercaPublicacions
Marine and Freshwater Research
Contrasting intra-annual patterns of six biotic groups with different dispersal mode and ability in Mediterranean temporary ponds
The temporal patterns of six biotic groups (from phytoplankton to amphibians) and their responses to environmental variation were studied in a set of Mediterranean temporary ponds.
26/09/2016
RecercaPublicacions
Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries
Interacting effects of spatial gradients and fishing gears on characterization of fish assemblages in large reservoirs
Understanding the variation of fish assemblages in reservoirs is crucial for precise interpretations of ecological processes. We used a large zoned reservoir (Itaipu, Brazil) to perform a quasi-experiment that assessed the relative role of spatial gradients and fishing methods on fish diversity and composition.
22/09/2016
RecercaPublicacions
Limnol. Oceanogr.
Sediment microbial communities rely on different dissolved organic matter sources along a Mediterranean river continuum
Heterotrophic bacteria play a key role in the degradation of organic matter and carbon cycling in river sediments. Here, we studied the longitudinal patterns of sediment bacterial community composition and dissolved organic matter utilization under base flow and drought conditions in a Mediterranean river.
22/09/2016
RecercaPublicacions
Methods in Ecology and Evolution
Trace metal accumulation as complementary dietary information for the isotopic analysis of complex food webs
Soto D.X., J. Benito, E. Gacia, E. García-Berthou & J. Catalan. Trace metal accumulation as complementary dietary information for the isotopic analysis of complex food webs. Methods in Ecology and Evolution, in press.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/2041-210X.12546/abstract
29/03/2016
RecercaPublicacions
Nature Reviews Microbiology
The ecology and biogeochemistry of stream biofilms
Streams and rivers form dense networks, shape the Earth's surface and, in their sediments, provide an immensely large surface area for microbial growth. Biofilms dominate microbial life in streams and rivers, drive crucial ecosystem processes and contribute substantially to global biogeochemical fluxes.
16/03/2016
RecercaPublicacions
Invertebrates in Freshwater Wetlands
Es publica el llibre “Invertebrates in Freshwater Wetlands. An International Perspective on their Ecology” co-editat per un investigador de l’Institut d’Ecologia Aquàtica (UdG)
L’editorial Springer acaba de publicar el llibre “Invertebrates in Freshwater Wetlands. An International Perspective on their Ecology” co-editat pels investigadors Darold Batzer (Department of Entomology, UGA) i Dani Boix (Institut d’Ecologia Aquàtica, UdG), i amb la participació dels investigadors de l’IEA Stéphanie Gascón, Jordi Sala i Xavier Quintana
24/02/2016
RecercaPublicacions
Oecologia
Environmental filtering determines metacommunity structure in wetland microcrustaceans
Metacommunity approaches are becoming popular when analyzing factors driving species distribution at the regional scale. However, until the popularization of the variation partitioning technique it was difficult to assess the main drivers of the observed patterns (spatial or environmental).
12/02/2016
RecercaPublicacions
Biological Invasions
La gambúsia, el fartet i els refugis artificials
NOU ARTICLE: Podrien els refugis artificials protegir a les espècies natives amenaçades com el fartet (Aphanius iberus) de les agressions de la gambúsia (Gambusia holbrooki)?
30/01/2016
RecercaPublicacions
BioScience
Revisió sobre les vies d'introducció de les espècies invasores
Substantial progress has been made in understanding how pathways underlie and mediate biological invasions. However, key features of their role in invasions remain poorly understood, available knowledge is widely scattered, and major frontiers in research and management are insufficiently characterized.
23/07/2015
RecercaPublicacions
Xyrichtys novacula (c) Josep Lloret
Combinar etnoecologia, biologia i pesqueries permet entendre els efectes del canvi climàtic en els peixos marins
Un estudi portat a terme per investigadors del Dep. De Ciències Ambientals, i publicat recentment a la prestigiosa revista Global Ecology and Biogeography, ha utilitzat un nou mètode interdisciplinar per avaluar el l’impacte del canvi climàtic sobre l’abundància de peixos marins.
20/03/2015
RecercaPublicacions
Rankings I-UGR de Universidades Españolas según Campos y Disciplinas Científicas
La UdG és la TERCERA universitat espanyola en quantitat i qualitat de publicacions en Ecologia i Ciències Mediambientals (2009-2013)
3a posició segons l'Índex IFQ2A (índex que combina quantitat i qualitat de publicacions i citacions) de "Ecologia i Ciències Mediambientals”

dels "Rankings I-UGR de Universidades Españolas según Campos y Disciplinas Científicas" (5ª ed – 2014)
Rankings I-UGR
La UdG és la cinquena universitat espanyola en un rànking de publicacions d'Ecologia i Ciències Mediambientals (2008-2012)
Posició de la UdG als "Rankings I-UGR de Universidades Españolas según Campos y Disciplinas Científicas":

CINQUENA a l'índex IFQ2A que combina quantitat i qualitat (nombre de citacions per publicació i indicadors similars) de les publicacions de “Ecología y Ciencias Medioambientales”
Condition and Health Indicators of Exploited Marine Fishes
El Dr. Josep Lloret publica un llibre pioner sobre la condició i la salut dels peixos marins
El Dr. Josep Lloret, investigador Ramón y Cajal del Departament de Ciències Ambientals, publica un llibre pioner sobre la condició i la salut dels peixos marins.
23/10/2013
RecercaPublicacions
la pampa
Pressions globals, respostes concretes: efectes de l'enriquiment per nutrients en rierols de diferents biomes
Una de les tendències que preocupa, del canvi ambiental global, és l'augment en el contingut de nutrients que arriben als rius, derivat dels fertilitzants agrícoles i les aigües residuals urbanes. Els alts nivells de nutrients amenacen els ecosistemes d'aigua dolça, encara que la seva resposta pot dependre de limitacions climàtiques i geogràfiques.
28/06/2013
Rap
Investigadors del Departament de Ciències Ambientals participen a la revista "Marine and Freshwater Living Resources"
L'editorial Versita-De Gruyter llança al mercat una revista que promourà diferents línies de recerca al voltant dels recursos aquàtics. Al seu equip figuren investigadors de les universitats i els centres integrants del campus E-MTA i del PRES Pirineus Mediterrània, i la seva publicació representa tot un repte en l'àmbit internacional.
25/06/2013
UniversitatRecercaPublicacions
Lluís Pallí
El llegat del Dr. Lluís Pallí
Amb la presència d’Anna M. Geli, rectora de la UdG i d’un nombrós col·lectiu de geòlegs, els doctors Pallí, Brusi i Soler han presentat “Geologia de les Guilleries i el Collsacabra”.
24/04/2013
UniversitatSocietatPublicacions
Guía de las macroalgas y fanerógamas marinas del Mediterráneo occidental
La investigadora Conxi Rodríguez-Prieto, coautora d’una àmplia i rigorosa guia d’algues mediterrànies
L’obra està dedicada a les macroalgues i fanerògames marines del Mediterrani occidental i inclou més de 1.500 fotografies. La investigadora ha escrit el llibre amb els destacats biòlegs marins Enric Ballesteros (Centre d’Estudis Avançats de Blanes), Fernando Boisset (Universitat de València) i Julio Afonso-Carrillo (Universitat de La Laguna).
20/04/2013

Pàgina 1 de 2Primera   Anterior   [1]  2  Següent   Última